The Original Blogster

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Any Organization Created Out Of Fear Must Create Fear In Order To Survive

I had been told that Phil's Sports Bar in Elmwood Park was an establisment owned by a "huge" Wolves fan and showed every game. So I stopped there this week to hopefully catch a game against the San Antonio Rampage and get a couple more interviews.

Well, what I found when I got there was a bartender heavily invested in combing the pages of the latest issue of "The Star," a woman eating mozzarella sticks, and two guys who had to get home by eight. There was a Wolves jersey in the bar - framed on the wall, with no apparent autograph. The owner is in Florida for the next couple weeks and Comcast Sports pre-empted the Wolves with a different hockey game - Notre Dame against Michigan.

So in other words - a total bust. I asked the owner to call me, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Still, I think the five interviews will not be a problem for the final project. Those numbers to shape the story . . . are coming along. A couple of the links we were introduced last week have given me a lot of new options, but not anything I want to rush to post . . . yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home